Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine
About This Specialty
Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine provides comprehensive care for chronic and nonhealing wounds caused by surgery, diabetes, poor circulation and other conditions.
Our specialists evaluate wounds and determine the appropriate plan to effectively treat each patient’s injury. One tool for healing wounds is the hyperbaric chamber, which provides 100 percent oxygen to promote optimal healing. While breathing pure oxygen, the patient’s blood plasma becomes saturated and carries 20 to 30 percent more oxygen to the body’s tissue, which results in natural wound healing mechanisms in the body to function more effectively.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Diabetic wounds
- Post-radiation tissue injury
- Pressure ulcers
- Wounds caused by poor circulation or traumatic injury
Our Care Team
Before Your Appointment Use This Checklist
- Write down any questions that you may have.
- Put your questions in order of importance so that you are sure to cover the most important question first.
- Bring a list of other health care professionals that have taken care of you since your last visit—include any specialists, hospitalizations or ER visits.
- Write down the medications that you are taking, or bring all the bottles with you to the appointment, including over-the-counter and herbal remedies.