Pediatric Infectious Diseases
About This Specialty
Pediatric Infectious Disease is a medical specialty focused on the treatment and management of serious and long-lasting infections in infants, children, adolescents and young adults. Recurring or persistent infections may be caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites.
Pediatric infectious diseases specialists treat a wide range of infectious and immunologic diseases and may be consulted for diseases that are complicated or atypical.
Our specialists treat a range of infectious and immunological conditions and diseases.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Viral infections, such as herpes
- Respiratory tract infections
- Sepsis and bloodstream infections
- Skin infections
- Vaccine-related disorders