About This Specialty
Infectious Disease is a medical specialty focused on the diagnosis and treatment of communicable diseases, which can be caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites. Some infectious diseases are passed from person-to-person, while others are transmitted by insect or animal bites, via contaminated foods or other environmental exposures.
Our specialists review a patient’s medical records and history, diagnosis and treat a variety of acute and chronic infectious diseases.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Bone infections
- E. coli
- Respiratory infections, including MAI
- Soft tissue infections, including MRSA
Our Care Team
- Alvaro Beltran, M.D.
- Esther Morrison, M.D.
- Manuel Revuelta, M.D.
- Mary Beth Saunders, D.O.
- Pranav Shah, M.D.
- Rajendra S. Sharma, M.D.
- James Toomey, M.D.
- Stacy O'Brien, ARNP
Before Your Appointment Use This Checklist
- Write down any questions that you may have.
- Put your questions in order of importance so that you are sure to cover the most important question first.
- Bring a list of other health care professionals that have taken care of you since your last visit—include any specialists, hospitalizations or ER visits.
- Write down the medications that you are taking, or bring all the bottles with you to the appointment, including over-the-counter and herbal remedies.