Allergy & Immunology
About This Specialty
Allergy & Immunology focuses on the management and treatment of allergies, asthma and related disorders involving the immune system. Allergic reactions may be caused by dust, pollen, pet dander, food, insect bites or medications.
Our specialist identifies what triggers an allergic reaction and helps determine ways to manage the condition when avoiding triggers is not possible.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction)
- Rhinitis (irritation or inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose)
- Adverse reactions to drugs, foods and insect stings
- Immune deficiency diseases (acquired and congenital)
- Autoimmune disease
Our Care Team
Before Your Appointment Use This Checklist
- Write down any questions that you may have.
- Put your questions in order of importance so that you are sure to cover the most important question first.
- Bring a list of other health care professionals that have taken care of you since your last visit—include any specialists, hospitalizations or ER visits.
- Write down the medications that you are taking, or bring all the bottles with you to the appointment, including over-the-counter and herbal remedies.