Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida
- 9981 S. HealthPark Dr.
- Fort Myers, FL 33908
- T: 239-343-5437
Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida is a state-of-the-art, family-centered, full-service "hospital-within-a-hospital."
Currently located at HealthPark Medical Center, plans are under way to build a stand-alone facility dedicated to the unique health care needs of children.
- Established: 1994
- Type of Facility: Pediatric Acute Care
- Number of Beds: 368 (Total)
- Number of Dedicated Pediatric Beds: 98 (Total)
- Number of Patients Seen Annually: 22,000+
- Number of Pediatric Providers: 300+
- Number of Pediatric Specialists: 70+
- Number of Pediatric Specialty Areas: 10
- Number of People Helped Through Child Advocacy Programs: 95,000+
- Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida is a 98-bed inpatient facility that opened in 1994. It is located within HealthPark Medical Center.
- The only children’s hospital between Tampa and Miami, Golisano Children’s Hospital is an active member of both the Children’s Hospital Association and the Florida Association of Children’s Hospitals.
- The hospital provides vital health care for the region’s sick and injured children and their families, from infancy through age 18.
- More than 400 specially trained pediatric nurses provide care for children as young as premature infants to adolescents.
- Golisano Children’s Hospital has more than 70 pediatric specialists—in most major pediatric specialties—on staff who have advanced training to treat children and adolescents and their families.
- The region’s only state-designated Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center has achieved the No. 1 ranking in the state of Florida based on the outcomes of premature infants. The unit has 48 beds at Golisano Children’s Hospital and 10 beds at Cape Coral Hospital.
- Golisano Children’s Hospital is a state-designated Cystic Fibrosis Center, and is the only one in the region.
- The Golisano Children’s Hospital has a dedicated hematology/oncology program. This program is staffed by specialized nurses who care for young cancer patients and give them a “home away from home.” This is the area’s only pediatric hematology/oncology program nationally certified by the Children’s Oncology Group through the National Cancer Institute.
- The hospital is designated by the state of Florida as the regional referral center for sickle cell disorders.
- Of quintessential importance, Golisano Children’s Hospital employs six child life specialists and the region’s only music therapist, all of whom make a child and family’s experience less intimidating and more fun while receiving care.
- The hospital also employs a specialized school teacher so that children do not fall behind on schoolwork while they are in the hospital.
- The Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Center cares for children with complex special needs in a day care setting so parents are able to work during the day.
- The hospital has provided support and education through the Child Advocacy Program to more than 95,000 people in Collier and Lee counties, including unintentional injury prevention and health education.
- The pediatric emergency department at Golisano Children’s Hospital treats more than 25,000 children from Charlotte, Collier and Lee counties each year.
- We have two dedicated transport ambulances and a pediatric and neonatal transport team always “at the ready” to transport critically ill children from anywhere in the region to Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida.
Treatment & Services Provided
Treatment & Services available within hospital:
- Level II and III Neonatal Intensive Care Center
- Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center
- Pediatric services
- Hospitalist program
- General pediatric beds
- Pediatric emergency services
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Extended Care Center
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Outpatient services
- Child Life Specialists
- School Teacher
- Music Therapy Program
- Child Advocacy/Safe Kids Program
- Kohl's Kids Safety Program
- Social services
- Spiritual services
- Neonatal and pediatric transport teams
- On-site Ronald McDonald House
- Sedation Unit
- Phone Number: 239-343-5437