Cape Coral Hospital
- 636 Del Prado Blvd.
- Cape Coral, FL 33990
- T: 239-424-2000
A facility founded by the community for the community, Cape Coral Hospital features the area's largest emergency department and has received numerous awards.
- Established: 1977
- Joined Health System: 1996
- Type of Facility: Acute Care
- Number of Beds: 291 (All Private)
- Number of Dedicated Pediatric Beds: 14
- Number of Private Rooms: All
- Number of Patients Seen Annually: 55,000+
- Number of Physicians: 600+
- Number of Employees: 1200+
- Number of Volunteers: 1000+
- Cape Coral Hospital strives to serve as the community’s premier hospital and center for health and wellness by providing an Optimal Healing Environment focused on health, prevention, healing and connectivity.
- Cape Coral Hospital received a Department of Defense grant through the Samueli Institute for study as an Optimal Healing Environment.
- With approximately 1,200 employees, it has a medical staff of more than 600 physicians and benefits from the generosity of more than 1,000 volunteers.
- Cape Coral Hospital is a NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) designated hospital providing geriatric services and exemplary care to all hospitalized adults age 65 years and older.
- The hospital is a Healthgrades five-star recipient for the treatment of stroke, 8 years in a row. This signifies higher quality care and lower risk of complications.
- The hospital received the Healthgrades five-star award for heart failure in 2012 and 2013.
- Healthgrades ranked Cape Coral Hospital among the top 10 percent in the nation for overall pulmonary services, which includes the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions of the lungs.
- Cape Coral Hospital is a Healthgrades five-star recipient for women’s health for four years in a row.
- Cape Coral Hospital offers a family-centered birth experience, and provides a welcoming and family-oriented environment.
- The hospital’s Emergency Department sees more than 60,000 patients annually.
- The Wellness Center of Cape Coral—one of Lee Memorial Health System’s two Wellness Centers—is a medically based fitness center, which provides members access to state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment, group exercise classes, two indoor pools, massage services, a healthy café and pro shop.
- As part of Lee Memorial Health System, Cape Coral Hospital is committed to patient safety—it is the No. 1 core value.
Treatment & Services Provided
Treatment & Services available within hospital:
- Accredited Primary Stroke Center
- Chest Pain Unit
- 10-bed Neurosurgical Unit
- Surgical Services
- Leading edge postoperative pain management techniques for orthopedic procedures
- Women’s Care—Family Birth Suites
- Gentle cesarean section
- Golden hour after birth – skin to skin contact
- Special Care Nursery
- Cardiology/Diagnostic Cardiac Angiography
- Pulmonary/Critical Care Specialists
- Pulmonary diagnostics – both inpatient and outpatient
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Chronic Disease Programs
- DNVHC Certified Diabetes Program*
- Weight Management
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program and Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Both programs are certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Lab Services
- Breast Health Center
- Imaging Services
* Det Norske Veritas Healthcare (DNVHC)
- Phone Number: 239-424-2000