- 2015 Governor’s Sterling Award Recipient
- June 2015 – Cape Coral Hospital is proud to be the first community hospital in the state of Florida to receive the Governor’s Sterling Award. For 23 years, the Sterling Award has recognized organizations and businesses in Florida that have successfully achieved performance excellence within their management and operations.
- For more information, visit www.floridasterling.com
- Lee Memorial Health System Hospitals among
Top 5% in Nation
- Jan. 2015 - Lee Memorial Hospital and HealthPark Medical Center have received Healthgrades 2015 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™. The distinction places these hospitals in the top five percent of the more than 4,500 hospitals evaluated nationwide and based solely on outstanding clinical performance as measured by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.
- "We are so proud of this distinguished honor. To be in the top five percent of hospitals in the nation is quite an achievement," says Jim Nathan, President and CEO of Lee Memorial Health System. "The ability to continually rank among the best in the nation year after year is the result of hard work and dedication of each and every staff member and their unwavering commitment to provide comprehensive and compassionate care."
- Lee Memorial Hospital and HealthPark Medical Center are among the 261 recipients of the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™. They stand out among the rest for overall clinical excellence across a broad spectrum of care.
- "Consumers today are assuming more and more responsibility for health care decisions and are increasingly relying on objective measures of quality to inform their selection of hospitals and physicians," said Evan Marks, Chief Strategy Officer, Healthgrades. "It is important for consumers to understand the variability in the nation's hospitals so that they can make more informed choices. By selecting a hospital that has achieved the Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence, consumers can be confident that this hospital has demonstrated a long-standing commitment to exceptional clinical quality care."
- During the 2015 study period (2011-2013), these hospitals showed superior performance in clinical outcomes for patients in the Medicare population across at least 21 of 32 of the most common inpatient conditions and procedures —as measured by objective performance data (risk-adjusted mortality and in-hospital complications). The 2015 analysis of recipients also shows a correlation between high clinical outcomes and performance in core measures and patient experience measures.
- Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance for over 4,500 hospitals across the nation in 36 procedures and conditions annually. Healthgrades.com provides information on objective measures of hospital performance, which allows consumers to compare their local hospitals online at www.healthgrades.com. Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance for nearly every hospital in the nation; no hospital can opt-in or opt-out of being evaluated, and no hospital pays to be evaluated. To learn more about how Healthgrades determines Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ recipients, please visit www.healthgrades.com/quality.
- Lee Memorial Health System Hospitals among
- Lee Memorial Health System Receives KidCare Trendsetter Award
- Nov. 2014 - Lee Memorial Health System was awarded the Florida KidCare Trendsetter Award during the Statewide Florida Healthy Kids Corporation Conference, and is proud to be the only one in the state to receive this recognition. The health system was acknowledged for its commitment to assisting uninsured children and families in Florida. For families struggling to get affordable health care for their children, Florida KidCare is an easy option. The program is available to families in all income brackets, as long as they do not currently have insurance. It covers children ages birth to 18 throughout the state. The program covers everything from routine physician visits to shots, surgery, prescriptions, emergencies and mental health.
- Lee Memorial Health System Earns Two FHA Awards
- Oct. 2014 - --- Lee Memorial Health System received two major statewide recognitions:
- The Leadership in Quality & Patient Safety Award recognizes the success of establishing safety behaviors and error prevention as daily habits. Lee Memorial Health System won for its safety coach program. More than 600 SafeLee Safety Coaches are in place to assure the health system’s safety behaviors and error prevention tools become a daily habit. The Safety Coaches are instrumental in identifying issues that put patients at risk. Their duties include reinforcing safe behaviors and providing corrective feedback when needed and assisting teammates in identifying and removing safety barriers. They are communicators, observers, role models, educators, storytellers and partners.
- Lee Memorial Health System was also recognized as Best Hospital Workplace (over 150 beds) for working to create a strong culture of quality, safety and patient experience by engaging employees in culture changing activities including coaching and communication skills training. Lee Memorial Health System has made a deliberate effort to create an organizational culture that is safe and supportive, while continuously improving and implementing practices that support delivering the highest value to patients by balancing quality, cost and access. The health system’s vision, mission, values and strategic plan initiatives are aligned to guide this culture.
- Golisano Children’s Hospital Receives ‘Path to Excellence’ Award
- Sept. 2014 - Golisano Children’s Hospital was recognized by the National Research Corporation as the best performing children’s hospital nationwide in delivering an excellent patient experience. As a 2014 award recipient, Golisano Children’s Hospital is among a select group of health care innovators leading the way on the path to patient-centered care, with greater than 98% of patients saying they were satisfied overall with care at the facility. This was the highest score of all 109 children’s hospitals in their comparison group.
- National Research selected Path to Excellence award recipients based on their achievement within categories that patients have identified as being most important to the quality of their care
- HealthPark Medical Center and Lee Memorial Hospital Achieve Top Honors as one of Healthgrades 2014 Women’s Health Excellence Award™ Recipients
- July 2014 - HealthPark Medical Center and Lee Memorial Hospital have achieved the Healthgrades 2014 Women’s Health Excellence Award. The recognition distinguishes HealthPark Medical Center and Lee Memorial Hospital as a top performing hospital in women’s health and distinguishes them among the top 5% in the nation by comparing performance, not only for maternity care and gynecological services, but also how women fared when treated for cardiac, orthopedic, stroke and other conditions.
- To see the complete Healthgrades Women’s Health Report 2014, including full methodology, please visit: www.healthgrades.com/quality
- Lee Memorial Health System Hospitals Recognized as ‘Most Wired’
- July 2014 - Each of Lee Memorial Health System’s four acute care hospitals has been recognized as “Most Wired” by Hospitals & Health Networks 16th Annual Health Care’s Most Wired Survey. As the nation’s health care system transitions to more integrated and patient-centered care, hospitals are utilizing information technology to better connect care providers with each other and with patients.
- The 2014 Most Wired Award survey looked at Lee Memorial Health System’s clinical automation, internal supply chain automation, physician portal, mobile device software tools, telehealth capabilities, automated clinical decision support to assist optimum care, internet capabilities, and patient engagement tools like MyChart and the MyChart Mobile Application.
- Care Transitions Receives Prestigious Case In Point Platinum Award
- May 2014 - Lee Memorial Health System’s Care Transitions program has received the prestigious Case In Point Platinum award from Dorland Health. The award recognizes the most successful and innovative case management programs working to improve healthcare across the care continuum and the professionals and organizations making significant headway to address the challenges affecting the U.S. health care system.
- Lee Memorial Health System Named Healthcare Innovator of the Year
- May 2014 - Food Management has awarded Culinary Solutions and Lee Memorial Health System with the Healthcare Innovator of the Year Award. Food Management, a leader throughout the noncommercial food industry, serves food service directors, managers and chefs throughout the United States. The award recognizes the high standards set by the program and the attention to detail in food preparation.
- Central production at Culinary Solutions allows our hospitals to offer a cost-efficient modified room service program for patients as well as upgrade their café menus and implement the Journey to a Healthier You healthy eating initiative across the system.
- The dining program has received solid financial support from our administrators to build the Culinary Solutions infrastructure and significantly renovate retail dining facilities at HealthPark Medical Center and Cape Coral Hospital.
- Hospitals Honored by American Heart Association for High Quality Stroke Care
- May 2014 - Lee Memorial Health System’s four acute care hospitals are being recognized by the American Heart Association for implementing Get With The Guidelines stroke treatment protocol. Get With The Guidelines helps hospital teams provide the most up-to-date, research-based protocol that are proven to speed recovery and reduce death and disability for stroke patients.
- Lee Memorial Hospital, HealthPark Medical Center, Gulf Coast Medical Center and Cape Coral Hospital all received the Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award. This is the third award of its kind for Gulf Coast Medical Center and a first for Cape Coral Hospital which received designation as a Primary Stroke Center in September of 2013.
- Each of Lee Memorial Health System’s acute care hospitals earned the award by meeting specific quality achievement measures for the diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients at a set level for a designated period. These measures include aggressive use of medications and risk-reduction therapies aimed at reducing death and disability and improving the lives of stroke patients.
- Lee Memorial Hospital, Cape Coral Hospital and Gulf Coast Medical Center also received the association’s Target: Stroke Honor Roll for meeting stroke quality measures that reduce the time between hospital arrival and treatment with the clot-buster tPA, the only drug approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat ischemic stroke. People who suffer a stroke who receive the drug within three hours of the onset of symptoms may recover quicker and are less likely to suffer severe disability.
- Lee Memorial Hospital and HealthPark Medical Center Named Among America’s 50 Best Hospitals -- Top 1% nationwide
- February 2014 - Lee Memorial Hospital and HealthPark Medical Center are proud to be named among the nation’s 50 Best hospitals by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This impressive distinction places Lee Memorial Hospital and HealthPark Medical Center in the Top 1% of hospitals nationwide, out of over 4,500 hospitals evaluated. Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance for nearly every hospital in the nation; no hospital can opt-in or opt-out, and no hospital pays to be evaluated.
- Only 1 percent of hospitals in the nation achieved this level of recognition for their consistent clinical quality based on an unbiased and objective review of clinical outcomes using nine years of data. Being in the Top 1% means patients of Lee Memorial Hospital and HealthPark Medical Center are less likely to experience medical or surgical complications, and have the best chances for survival during and after hospitalization. “Additionally, we are proud that both Gulf Coast Medical Center and Cape Coral Hospital have also recently received numerous levels of distinction from Healthgrades,” adds Jim Nathan, President, Lee Memorial Health System.
- Healthgrades America’s 50 Best™ designation recognizes hospitals for consistent clinical excellence by identifying those that received a Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ for the most consecutive years. Lee Memorial Hospital and HealthPark Medical Center have achieved the Distinguished Hospital award (Top 5% in the nation) for 8 years in a row. Recognition as top hospitals who have received this award for 8 years or more include the likes of Mayo Clinic and New York Presbyterian.
- These top hospitals are differentiated by their overall clinical excellence and have exhibited consistent superior performance in clinical outcomes for patients across a broad spectrum of care. Hospitals who have achieved this distinction set a clear and formal framework for improving quality which allows teams to evaluate and build on success, and quality is embedded in their culture.
- Healthgrades.com provides information on objective measures of hospital performance, which allows consumers to compare their local hospitals online at www.healthgrades.com. Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance for over 4,500 hospitals across the nation in 36 procedures and conditions annually based on Medicare inpatient data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Medicare Provider Analysis and Review (MedPAR) database. To learn more about how Healthgrades determines America’s Best Hospitals Award recipients, please visit www.healthgrades.com/quality.
- Bob Janes Triage Center Wins National Hospital Charitable Services Award
- February 2014 - The Bob Janes Triage Center is among ten programs from across the country recognized as a Program of Excellence by the Hospital Charitable Services Awards, a national program sponsored by Jackson Healthcare.
- The Bob Janes Triage Center is a multi-agency collaboration that serves as a voluntary diversion program for individuals exhibiting symptoms of a behavioral health disorder(s) and who are at risk for low-level involvement with the criminal justice system. In addition, the project serves individuals referred by Lee Memorial Health System hospitals who are high utilizers of acute medical and behavioral health services including frequent hospital visits for non-emergent care, crisis stabilization and detoxification. Homeless veterans are also referred by the Veteran’s Administration.
- Lee Memorial Health System Earns Employer of Choice® Designation
- January 2014 - Lee Memorial Health System been awarded the designation “Employer of Choice®” in recognition of its dedication to a workplace culture that attracts, optimizes and retains high quality employees. The Employer of Choice® designation is awarded by Employer of Choice International, Inc., after completing a rigorous evaluation process, and review by an expert panel of independent human resource consultants. This is the third time Lee Memorial Health System has earned the Employer of Choice® designation.