We Are Ranked in the Top 1% in the Nation
Lee Memorial Health System received impressive recognition from Healthgrades—the leading provider of consumer information about physicians and hospitals—with our hospitals ranked in the top 10 percent of hospitals in the nation.
The report—American Hospital Quality Outcomes 2013: Healthgrades Report to the Nation—also ranked Lee Memorial Health System among the best in the nation for joint replacement, cardiology services and neuroscience specialties. Additionally, this study also found that patients treated in our hospitals are less likely to experience major complications.
The Healthgrades study evaluated approximately 4,500 hospitals nationwide.
Here are some of our most notable recognitions organized by hospital:
Lee Memorial Hospital
- Received Joint Replacement Excellence Award
- Ranked among top 5 percent in the nation for joint replacement in both 2012 and 2013
- Ranked second statewide in 2013
- Named one of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement for 2012 and 2013
HealthPark Medical Center
- Received the Healthgrades Coronary Intervention Excellence Award for 2013
- Ranked fourth statewide in 2013
- Ranked among top 10 percent in the nation for cardiology services in 2013
Gulf Coast Medical Center
- Recognized as one of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care Services in 2013
Cape Coral Hospital
- Received the Healthgrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award
- Ranked among the top 10 percent in the nation for overall pulmonary services in 2013
Additionally, Lee Memorial Hospital and HealthPark Medical Center, collectively, received the Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award, ranked among the top 10 percent in the nation for the treatment of stroke for five consecutive years, and ranked in the top 10 in Florida for neurosciences in 2013.
While these are some of the highlights, we've posted the entire list of rankings on our website. Visit www.LeeMemorial.org/Awards or click here to review the list.
We are honored by these significant recognitions from Healthgrades, and are proud of our team. Lee Memorial Health System teammates are focused on providing each and every patient the safest and highest quality care every day and night, while also ensuring our patients receive respect, compassion and are treated with dignity.
Congratulations to all of you. Your hard work, dedication, talent and professionalism earned us these national honors. You've once again proven yourselves to be caring people, caring for people—this time on a national scale.
President, Lee Memorial Health System
We are Lee Memorial Health System: Caring People, Caring For People.